The Budget Analyst will certify expenditures in accordance with established budgets and reviews proposed legislation and/or policy changes to determine financial impact and/or establishes accounting procedures on new policies/procedures in line with legislative/policy requirements
- assists in preparing planning implementing and monitoring/review of assigned allocations and in preparing/prepares variety of state and/or federal financial reports/analysis (e.g. prepares and/or reviews projections/forecast models for program are - prepares variances between actual and expected expenditures through use of comparative data over time
- prepares regression models - directs/oversees preparation of and/or prepares models for long range projections of surpluses/deficits and determines appropriate action to be considered - prepares pass-through subsidy allocations
- prepares monthly and quarterly reports and/or controlling board requests - reviews written narratives and explanations of costs methodologies for quarterly and annual cost allocation plan - prepares projections and analysis for annual and biennial budgets
- assists with developing the biennium agency budget and evaluating/monitoring of budget implementation to include periodic reporting to senior management) and conducts studies/review of unit activities to improve efficiency and ensure compliance
- operates microcomputer to prepare/generate reports and statistical/quantitative analysis - in Ohio department of transportation prepares monitors and analyzes funding scenarios for departmental highway construction budget assists deputy director of finance in formulation and implementation of highway capital construction program budget.
-develops coordinates and/or provides training to departmental staff and/or recipients for subsidy programs concerning budgeting and fiscal control and attends internal/external training sessions and conferences and reads to remain current on regulations policies and other issues (e.g. latest budget trends - philosophies) affecting assigned operations
- serves as liaison with office of budget and management legislative budget office administrative officials other federal and state agencies and/or organizations regarding fiscal/budgetary matters and acts in absence of immediate supervisor when assigned - responds to inquiries relative to audit findings and other fiscal/budgetary matters.
When it's time to find your next job, let Franklin Paterson help you find the job and income you desire. Check out our local and national job boards filled with thousands of jobs in your area of specialty. Post your resume, Search for Jobs.
Search one or all of our sites to find the right company and career opportunity to meet your current career needs and potential growth