Initiation and implementation of the Infection Control standards and coordinate services and performs functions of the registered nurse in the Employee Health Department
- Ensure compliance with the Department of Health and Joint Commission regulatory requirements
- Conduct pre-employment assessments administers immunizations as needed coordinates annual PPD testing and assesses patients who have been exposed to communicable diseases. Other responsibilities include: Directing strategies to reduce healthcare associated infections
- Perform surveillance and calculate rates for critical care units - Report quarterly and annual infection rates
- Create and review hospital and departmental infection control policies and procedures - Provide continuing education for all departments in regards to infection prevention and control and epidemiology activities
- Investigate outbreaks or clusters of nosocomial infections. Organize implement and evaluate hospital wide infection surveillance activities. This role has dedicated secretarial / clerical support. This role reports to the Director of Ambulatory Care.
Requirements: - 2+ years progressively related experience with in-depth knowledge of acute care infection prevention and control policies and procedures - Management level experience preferred - Certified in Infection Control (CIC) highly preferred - Excellent statistical analytical and interpersonal skills
• EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Science (BSN) required Masters Degree preferred - Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of Texas or eligible required